If you want to zoom past traffic on bike trails, living at The Point at Reston makes this easy with secure bicycle parking, multiple trails, and nearby bikeshare stations. From The Point at Reston you’re only 1 mile from the W&OD trail and can take bike-friendly paths and roads to reach Metro, shops, and more.
If you don’t have your own bicycle, you can take a Capital Bikeshare bike from the docking station at Sunrise Valley Drive and VY Reston Heights and ride for as little as $0.05 per minute to explore Reston on two wheels.
Not sure how to start biking or want to feel more confident using Fairfax’s bike lanes and roads? Check out bicycle education events hosted by the Fairfax Alliance for Better Bicycling (FABB).
Capital Bikeshare 101
Capital Bikeshare is the Washington, DC region’s bikeshare service, with 5,000+ bikes and 600+ stations. Fairfax County is home to over 50 stations and growing!
Capital Bikeshare is great for one-way trips with docking stations near any destination and e-bikes that help you cover a greater distance and tackle hills.
To start using Capital Bikeshare:
- Visit your nearest Capital Bikeshare station at Sunrise Valley Drive and VY Reston Heights or find an e-bike using the Capital Bikeshare or Lyft app
- Purchase in the app or by credit card at the Capital Bikeshare station kiosk
- Lift your bike of choice out of the docking station by the seat and pull
- Adjust your seat, add any items to the front basket, and ride to your destination
- Dock your bike at any bikeshare station near your destination and wait for the light on the dock to turn green to finish your ride!
What does it cost to ride Capital Bikeshare?
Capital Bikeshare offers single trip, 24-hour, 30-day, and annual membership options. 30-day and annual memberships include all rides under 45 minutes and special discounts on e-bikes. To try Capital Bikeshare, a single trip will cost:
- $1 to unlock a bike and $0.05 per minute on a classic (red) bike
- $1 to unlock a bike and $0.15 per minute on an e-bike (black)
No Capital Bikeshare station where you’re heading? You can lock a Capital Bikeshare e-bike to any public bike rack, instead of a Capital Bikeshare station for only $2 extra.
Ride Capital Bikeshare all year long with an annual membership for $95 and take unlimited trips up to 45 minutes for free! Check if your employer is a corporate partner for discounted or free memberships.